Please contact us for future course dates.
ACS – Core LPG Safety and Appliances
This is a conversion course from natural gas to LPG and allows successful candidates to work on LPG appliances in permanent dwellings, residential park homes, leisure accommodation vehicles and boats.
These qualifications expire after five years and you will have to be re-assessed at this point in time.
Who’s this for?
You must hold a current CCN1 or COCN1 certificate and appropriate appliance qualifications. For example, if you want to work on a LPG cooker in a leisure accommodation vehicle you will need the following:
- Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1)
- Cookers (CKR1)
- LPG Changeover (CONGLP1)
- Leisure Accommodation Vehicles (CONGLP LAV)
The following areas will be covered:
- Gas safety legislation and standards
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Products and characteristics of combustion (inc. combustion performance analysis)
- Characteristics of LPG
- Supply pressures
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation, flow control and valves for cylinders
- Cylinder location, safety and sizing
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Tightness testing and purging (PD, LAV and RPH)
- Tightness testing and purging (B)
- Unsafe situations, use of emergency notices and warning labels
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Chimney standards
- Chimney inspection and testing
- Installation of open, closed, balanced and fan assisted chimneys
- Re-establish existing gas supply and re-light appliances.
On successful completion of the course you will be qualified in the following areas:
- LPG Changeover – CONGLP1
- Boats – CONGLP1B
- Permanent Dwellings – CONGLP1PD
- Residential Park Homes – CONGLP1RPH
- Leisure Accommodation Vehicles – CONGLP1LAV
Classroom based for the theory, practical training and home study followed by in centre assessment
Logic’s LPG Gas Safety Training Manual is provided
Training – 1 day
Assessment – 2 days
Unit J Buttericks Building
New Lane Havant
Hampshire, PO9 2ND