17th Edition. Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671: June 2008 (2015)
£420 + VAT
This qualification allows learners to demonstrate that they have up to date knowledge of latest IEE wiring regulations.
The qualification may be required as a pre-requisite to other electrical courses and when joining some Competent Persons Schemes.
When coupled with the Domestic Electrical Installer (DEI) course, this course enables electrical engineers to certify their own works by producing minor works certificates. It provides a greater understanding for gas engineers and plumbers, allowing a broader scope of work to offer customers.
There are no formal requirements to undertake the course, however learners should have a working knowledge of practical and theoretical electrics.
The objective of this QCF qualification is for learners to demonstrate they know and understand:
- The scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
- Definitions used within BS7671
- How to evaluate the characteristics of electrical installations
- The requirements of protection for safety of electrical installations
- Requirements for selection and assembly of equipment for electrical installations
- The requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
- The requirements – identified in BS7671 – of special installations and locations.
Classroom based training and home study followed by in centre assessment
Learners will be provided with IET Wiring Regulations ISBN 978-1849197694
Unit J Buttericks Building
New Lane Havant
Hampshire, PO9 2ND
Training – 2 days
Assessment – 1 day – We also offer this course in evening sessions
Training – 4 evenings
This course provides a strong basis to move into Courses such as:
- Domestic Electrical Installer – DEI
- Initial Inspection and Testing