Please contact us for future course dates.
This qualification allows learners to demonstrate that they have up to date knowledge of latest IEE wiring regulations.
The qualification may be required as a pre-requisite to other electrical courses and when joining some Competent Persons Schemes.
Who's this for?
When coupled with the Domestic Electrical Installer (DEI) course, this course enables electrical engineers to certify their own works by producing minor works certificates. It provides a greater understanding for gas engineers and plumbers, allowing a broader scope of work to offer customers.
There are no formal requirements to undertake the course, however learners should have a working knowledge of practical and theoretical electrics.
The objective of this QCF qualification is for learners to demonstrate they know and understand:
- The scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
- Definitions used within BS7671
- How to evaluate the characteristics of electrical installations
- The requirements of protection for safety of electrical installations
- Requirements for selection and assembly of equipment for electrical installations
- The requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
- The requirements – identified in BS7671 – of special installations and locations.
Classroom based training and home study followed by in centre assessment
Learners will be provided with IET Wiring Regulations ISBN 978-1849197694
Training – 2 days
Assessment – 1 day
We also offer this course in evening sessions
Training – 4 evenings
We have been open since July 2015 and have grown from strength to strength, so much so that in November 2017 we took on another adjoining building enabling us to extend the training and assessment areas, allowing us to bring in new courses and improving the ones we already run, with some extra space to grow for the future….
We feed you every day that you are in centre with plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits on tap.
We will also support you once you have finished and stay in contact, as everybody becomes a friend of the centre.