Please contact us for future course dates.
Who is it for?
Operatives must hold a valid CCN1 qualification and are looking to expand into the commercial heating sector.
We provide everything you need for the course, including the most up to date training manual.
The course involves 6 days in centre training on both theory and practical elements on:
- Clean Air Act
- Commercial chimney system requirements
- Installation requirements of commercial gas Pipework above 35mm
- Strength testing, tightness testing and purging of commercial gas pipework up to 6” diameter or 1mᶟ in volume
- Commercial pipework and appliance controls
- Combustion analysis of commercial appliances including NOX and SOX
- Operation of force draft burners
- Ventilation requirements of commercial appliances
- Commission, service, repair and breakdown of overhead radiant plaque heaters and radiant tube heaters
The assessments are undertaken in centre over two days with a mix of practical tasks and multiple choice written papers on:
- CODNCO1 – Changeover Domestic to Commercial
- ICPN1 – Installation first fix on commercial pipework
- TPC1a – Tightness testing and direct purging of pipework not exceeding 1mᶟ in volume or 6” in diameter
- CDGA1 – Direct fired commercial appliances
- CIGA1 – Indirect fired commercial appliances
- Cort1 – Overhead radiant plaque & radiant tube heaters
What happens once the assessments are complete?
Once your training and assessments are successfully completed, our Internal Quality Assurance Team will check through and sign off your portfolio and from here your portfolio will be forwarded to Logic Certification Ltd for verification and certification. Once certification has been issued, Logic Certification will automatically notify the Gas Safe Register. This process normally takes 3 to 5 weeks, however, a Fast Track Service is available which reduces the time to approximately 7 to 10 days (this is chargeable if required).
8 days normally, Monday to Thursday, 08:30 start – 16:30, finish for 2 consecutive weeks.
Course Price and how can I pay?
The course is priced at £1,500 Exc. VAT and this includes all registrations, training, training manuals, assessments, certification fees and lunch each day in centre.
Please note: On all bookings, we require a 50% deposit with the balance due 2 weeks prior to the course start date.
We do now have the facility to offer a finance package through a third party finance company if this is required. Please ask for details.
Enquiry and enrolment stage
Why Choose Seta UK?
John and the team are passionate about both training and our business, we pride ourselves on offering REAL TRAINING and ASSESSMENT processes. We will push you hard and there will be lots of home work, but we are both fair and friendly in our approach. Seta UK is a family run training centre with 8 of the staff being part of John’s family, all of our trainers and assessors work full time for Seta UK so are dedicated to delivering exactly what is needed, giving the best training possible.
We have been open since July 2015 and have grown from strength to strength, so much so that in November 2017 we took on another adjoining building enabling us to extend the training and assessment areas, allowing us to bring in new courses and improving the ones we already run, with some extra space to grow for the future….
We feed you every day that you are in centre with plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits on tap.
We will also support you once you have finished and stay in contact, as everybody becomes a friend of the centre.
I personally promise that we will do our very best for anybody that books a course with SETA UK.