Please contact us for future course dates.
Be able to complete and report the outcome of the initial verification and issue the electrical installation certificate to the client.
Be able to commission the electrical installation. The qualification may be required as a pre-requisite to other electrical courses and when joining some Competent Persons Schemes.
Who's this for?
Primarily aimed at electricians who will be responsible for the initial inspection and testing of an electrical installation.
There are no formal requirements to undertake the course, however learners should have a working knowledge of practical and theoretical electrics.
- Understand the requirements for completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations.
- Understand the requirements for the use of test instruments used to carry out inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- Understand the requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations.
- Understand the requirements for testing before circuits are energised.
- Understand the requirements for testing energised installations.
- Understand the requirements for the initial verification, testing and commissioning of electrical installations.
- Understand the requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation.
- Be able to confirm safe systems of work and the suitability of the electrical installation for initial verification.
- Be able to test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service.
Classroom based training and home study followed by in centre assessment
Learners will be provided with:
IET Guidance Note 3 on Inspection, Testing and Certification. We also recommend purchasing manuals such as the IET 17th Edition Wiring Regulations as they will provide a lot of assistance during the course
Training – 4 days
Assessment – 1 day
Why Choose Seta UK?
John and the team are passionate about both training and our business, we pride ourselves on offering REAL TRAINING and ASSESSMENT processes. We will push you hard and there will be lots of home work, but we are both fair and friendly in our approach. Seta UK is a family run training centre with 8 of the staff being part of John’s family, all of our trainers and assessors work full time for Seta UK so are dedicated to delivering exactly what is needed, giving the best training possible.