Please contact us for future course dates.
Legionella Prevention and Water Treatment course is designed for operatives who work on residential water supplies and ensure that any water treatment undertaken complies with ACoP document L8
These qualifications expire after five years and you will have to be re-assessed at this point in time.
Who's this for?
Either formal plumbing requirements or practical plumbing experience is required.
A pre-requisite of the course is that you hold a valid water regulations certificate (WRAS)
The following areas will be covered:
- The background to Legionnaires Disease
- What is the Legionella Bacteria
- Where and how does it multiply
- How is it spread and contracted
- How to comply to the law
- Duties, obligations and records
- Assessing risk
- Controlling and reducing risk
- Methods of Treatment
- Prevention and disinfection
- Record keeping
- How to disinfect and clean a domestic sized water system using various methods; chlorine, bleach and silver hydrogen peroxide.
Classroom based for the theory, practical training and home study followed by in centre assessment.
Learning materials will be supplied electronically
Training – 1/2 day
Assessment – 1/2 day