This comprehensive package includes both theory and practical training with real onsite scenarios built in. Your portfolio is undertaken on live, realistic working environmental boiler installations and local residential properties. The Managed Learning Programme assessments are conducted through a mix of theory papers and practical tasks, finishing ACS Assessments. You will then be ready for your new career as a Domestic Gas Engineer.
Southern Energy Training & Assessments are a family run IGEM approved gas training and assessment centre who are passionate about delivering the very best training and assessment processes.
How does the Managed Learning Programme (MLP) work?
Stage 1: The course starts with an in-depth look through the Gas Installation & Use Regulations. Practical training sessions and tasks will be undertaken to run alongside the theory training.
Stage 2: : Is all about putting your new skills and knowledge into practical works with the building of your on-site portfolio of evidence.
Stage 3: MLP Assessments with both theory and practical tasks undertaken.
Stage 4: ACS Assessments is the final stage of your course. Once completed, and all requirements passed, you will be ready for Gas Safe registration.
What does the gas portfolio entail?
We will provide all the paperwork you need to document your work experience evidence. A series of written information with photos as proof of completed works will need to be produced by yourselves. We guarantee enough and more practical tasks to meet the requirements set out by IGEM. You will be expected to write them up as you cannot complete the ACS Assessment unless this section is completed, and requirements are met.
Areas that will be covered in the course include:
- Basic plumbing skills, consisting of both theory and practical tasks
- Health and Safety requirements for the gas and plumbing sector: COSHH, Risk Assessments, Manual Handling, Working at Heights and Asbestos Awareness etc
- Essential Electrics for heating and gas engineers covering: Boiler Wiring, Safe Isolation, Fault Finding and General Heating Control Systems
- An in-depth walk through the Gas Training Manual, IGEM G11 Document covering Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedures, RIDDOR Reporting and Gas Installation and Use Regulations
- Hands on practical sessions on live appliances to work alongside the theory sessions
- The filling out and issuing of all relevant paperwork and documents required
- You will have all the knowledge to use the tools safely with full training on: Flue Gas Analysis, Requirements and what the results mean
- Competency will be achieved in Core Gas Safety Skills and Requirements with specialist detail on Central Heating boilers
- Fault finding, Servicing, Maintenance and Installations of Gas Appliances giving you confidence in the tasks that may be required of you
- You will complete the requirements needed to be able to extend Protective Equipotential Bonding, complete required tests and issue relevant certificates (separate qualification issued)
- You will understand the requirements associated with Gas Safe registration and how to register
Cost and payment terms
Our course fees include everything you need to get ACS Qualified which are: Training Materials, Training Manuals and Literature, (however, you must pass the final assessments of the course). Guaranteed opportunities to complete the required Portfolio of Evidence, MLP Assessment and Registrations, ACS Assessment and Registration.
Unlimited tea and coffee all day with good biscuits, fresh filled sandwiches, crisps and chocolate bars are provided for lunch each day.
£6168 inc VAT
We require a 10% deposit on booking (non-refundable to hold your position), 40% stage payment to be made within 2 weeks of booking . The remaining to be paid 2 weeks prior to your course start date (terms and conditions apply to all payments received).
Once you are enrolled on this course and you have paid the 50% deposit we will enrol you with the certification body and you can collect all your training material if you wish to start reading and learning.
- There is plenty of time to complete this course, if you do a little study and write ups on a regular basis or when required
- There is no formal prerequisite skills needed to enter this career path. We have taken people from all sorts of career paths from mechanics to military, social workers to gardeners and ages ranging from pre 20’s to past 60’s through our training programme with excellent results so anybody can do it
- We do not simply give these qualifications away. You must work hard and put in the effort, but we will do our very best to give you the most cared for and professional training and assessment processes that you would expect from any training provider
- Once you have successfully completed the course assessments your qualification portfolio is then checked both internally and externally. Internal verification takes 5 working days, external verification takes 10 working days. Certification is issued by Logic Certification Ltd, with Gas Safe being updated automatically via your National Insurance Number
Help and Support
We are happy to offer our help and support throughout your new career such as; business set up advice, social media chat forums, system designing advice, over the phone fault finding support (time permitting), pricing, rates and advertising advice.
We can recommend companies such as:
- Insurance brokers
- Van sales
- Merchants and supplier accounts
- Manufacturer training and support
- Tool purchasing
To help get your business off to a flying start.