Please contact us for future course dates.
New entrants course into the gas industry
This manage learning program designed by us and has been approved by IGEM (www.igem.org.uk)the industry regulators. It is for candidates who have a little or no experience with the gas and plumbing industries. Our managed learning program is regulated and certificated by Logic certification ( www.logiccertification.com) . Once you have completed this program and provided us with a copy of your portfolio of onsite experience you will be ready for ACS assessments
SETA are proud to be the only approved centre registered in the E&U Skills directory for approved gas training centres in the UK that are approved to train gas, as a route to gas ACS qualification, on the South Coast of England.
We are now able to offer finance through our affiliated partner J2M Financial Solutions Limited. Please contact us for more details and a specific quote
How does the Managed Learning Programme (MLP) work?
Our course is built up of both theory and practical sessions covering all areas of the domestic gas industry. It runs over a period of 22 days which can be completed in 1 block, weekly blocks or even 1 day a week if needed? There will be both theory and practical assessments undertaken towards the end of your course. Once you have
completed your course with us your certification will be issued directly from Logic certification normally within 10 working days.
What does the gas portfolio entail?
To complete the managed learning program there is an element of onsite working evidence required, there is 2 ways in which this can be done. Firstly, if you have a gas safe registered company or gas engineer that could support your onsite work then we can provide all the information needed to complete this. The second route is that we can undertaker the supervision for you, meaning you will complete a mix of onsite tasks and some tasks set up as a real working environment in centre.
Areas that will be covered in the course include:
Your first start is some basic plumbing skills including both theory and practical tasks and assessments, gaining you a City & Guilds
- You will then cover health and safety requirements for the gas/plumbing sector: cosh/ risk assessments/ manual handling/ working at heights/ asbestos awareness etc
- Electrical safety for gas engineers is almost a forgotten element so we have added the logic certification; Essential electrics and safe isolation of electrical equipment certificated course
- Gas starts with a comprehensive walk through of the gas safety installation and use regulations adding Gas legislation and also covering the new IGEM document, Gas industry unsafe situations procedure, finishing with RIDDOR (reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences regulations)
- Theory and practical sessions covering all aspects of the domestic gas industry
- The final day of your course covers starting out in the gas industry including: Merchant s and suppliers/Equipment and required tools/ gas safe registration and requirements/ certification processes/ issuing gas related certificates/ advice/ support/ business start-up information plus much more.
Cost and payment terms
The complete Managed Learning Programme including registration, training manuals, training books, lunch and assessment fees is £3,354 inc. VAT.
When booking with us we take a 50% deposit which secures your place on the course. We can then register you with the certification body and order everything you will need to complete the course. We will also send out all of your training material and course information.
- Portfolio is charged at £1,980.00 inc. VAT and is completed over a 10-day period which again can be broken down in durations to suit your calendar and requirements. Please see our brochure: “Portfolio for
Managed Learning Programme Gas Candidates”.
- ACS Gas Assessments cover 2 days revision and 4 days assessments and is charged @ £1,194 inc. VAT. Please see our brochure: ACS Assessments for Managed Learning Programme Gas Candidates.
Help and Support
We are here to offer help and support right through your new career in many ways; such as business set up advice, social media chat forums, email and Whatsapp support groups, system designing advice, over the phone fault finding support, pricing and rates advice, advertising advice.
We have set up deals for Seta candidates on all test equipment, materials and tools with: Electric Centre in Farlington and City Electrical Factors in Havant.
We also have links with local Hotels and B&B’s, so if you are travelling and need to stay over we can help there too.
We do also recommend companies such as; accountants, designers, printers, insurance brokers, van sales, merchants and supplier accounts, manufacturer training and support, tool purchasing to help get your business off to a flying start in the right direction if needed.