Please contact us for future course dates.
This qualification allows learners to demonstrate that they have up to date knowledge and are able to design domestic heating systems in accordance with Part L of the Building Regulations.
The qualification may be required as a prerequisite to some renewable courses.
- Know the regulatory requirements and sources of guidance for energy efficiency standards for gas-fired and oil-fired heating appliances connected to wet heating circuits
- Know the requirement of minimum boiler efficiency standards for gas-fired and oil-fired heating appliances connected to wet heating circuits
- Be able to determine if a non-condensing boiler installation would be acceptable
- Know the requirement relating to space heating primary circuits type and design for gas-fired and oil-fired wet heating systems
- Know the compliance standards requirement for hot water storage vessels
- Know the requirements relating to the preparation and water treatment of hot water systems and wet central heating systems
- Know the requirements relating to the commissioning of hot water systems and wet central heating systems
- Know the requirements of the minimum standards for the control of gas-fired and oil-fired wet central heating systems
- Know the requirements of the minimum standards for the control of insulation of pipework for gas-fired and oil-fired wet central heating and hot water storage systems
- Know the requirements relating to stand-alone, glandless heating system circulators
Classroom based training and home study followed by in centre assessment
All learning materials will be shared electronically
Training – 1 day
Assessment – 1/2 days leo.
John and the team are passionate about both training and our business, we pride ourselves on offering REAL TRAINING and ASSESSMENT processes. We will push you hard and there will be lots of home work, but we are both fair and friendly in our approach. Seta UK is a family run training centre with 8 of the staff being part of John’s family, all of our trainers and assessors work full time for Seta UK so are dedicated to delivering exactly what is needed, giving the best training possible